Summer has officially begun which means the great American holiday, Independence Day, is coming up! The Fourth of July is a great time for families to celebrate the good ol’ USA and come together for barbecues and fireworks. Looking for a way to celebrate? Look no further. Join the City’s annual Fourth of July celebration at 6 p.m. on Friday, July 4 at Mullins Park. There will be food, refreshments, and activities available for purchase prior to the fireworks display.
Before you enjoy the fireworks show you can also stop by the Coral Springs Gymnasium for its first Vintage, Antique and Collectible Show. Items will be on sale from 5 to 8 p.m. on Friday, July 4 and will continue over the weekend from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. The event is free, but there is a $3 parking fee at the Coral Springs Gymnasium, Mullins Park and the Center for the Arts. Mullins Park is located at 10000 Ben Geiger Drive (N.W. 29th Street). Need more information? Please call 954-345-2200 for assistance.
Here are five fun facts about fireworks to get you excited for the event:
- The record for the largest firework display consisted of 66,326 fireworks and was achieved in Portugal in 2006. (That’s A LOT of fireworks!)
- The first fireworks were made in China, around 2,000 years ago!
- The word for firework in Japanese, ‘hanabi’, means ‘fire-flower’.
- It is estimated that more than 14,000 fireworks displays light up U.S. skies each 4th of July.
- Please remember that any fireworks that explode or fly in the air are illegal. The personal use of fireworks in our neighborhoods has prompted the Coral Springs Police Department to take a firmer stance in addressing illegal fireworks. Be safe and have fun!
Looking forward to this fun event. Hope to see you all there!
Tags: 4th of July, 4th of July in Coral Springs, Broward County, City of Coral Springs, Coral Springs, Florida, Great Florida Homes, Independence day, Joy Carter, Mullins Park, Mullins Park 4th of July celebration, South Florida, Things to do in Coral Springs