Everyone knows that mosquitoes are both annoying and a nuisance to any home. They can also carry serious diseases such encephalitis, yellow fever, dengue, and malaria. There are many ways to prevent mosquitoes from lingering around your home, so in order to protect yourself and your neighbors, you can take these precautions.
– Repair leaky pipes and outside faucets
– Move house drain hoses frequently
– Install screens on rain barrels
– Empty water from boats.
– Clean clogged roof gutters
– Empty watering areas of pets daily
– Change and clean water in bird baths weekly
– Stock fish pools or lily ponds with minors. These fish eat mosquito larvae.
– & many more!
Remember, mosquitoes need stagnant water to lay their eggs where they hatch in a day or two. So draining and changing water frequently will prevent these eggs from hatching or being laid in the first place. If you would like more information and more precautions you can take to protect your property from mosquitoes, please visit broward.org.