June 29th, 2018
2018 4th of July Celebrations
As summer goes on, while tans are still being perfected, and vacations are just starting to heat up, 4th of July is most definitely on our minds. Besides the barbeques and the family and friend reunions, the most spectacular and arguably most important part of the holiday is, of course, the fireworks. But it can be hard to find the best place to truly enjoy all the quintessential-American spirit, pride, and grandeur that the holiday has to offer, which is why we broke it down for you. Here are the top 10 best places to watch Firework displays and have a great 4th of July celebration in Broward and Palm Beach Counties.
Fort Lauderdale: Fourth of July Spectacular
- A1A and Las Olas Boulevard Fort Lauderdale, FL July 4, 2018, 12:30 p.m. Festival begins with music, beach games and more. 9:00 p.m. Fireworks on the Beach. Free admission.
Coral Springs Fourth of July Celebration
- Mullins Park 10150 Ben Geiger Drive Coral Springs, FL July 4, 2018, 6:00 p.m. Food and entertainment. 9:00 p.m. Fireworks Free Parking is $3 and is limited so arrive early.
Davie Annual Fireworks Show
- Pine Island Park Community Center 3801 S. Pine Island Rd. Davie, FL July 4 9:30 a.m. Watermelon Eating Contest, Water Polo 4:00 p.m. Family activities, Arts & Crafts, Food, etc., Fireworks
Deerfield Beach 4th of July Celebration
- Main Beach Parking Ocean Way & SE 1st St. Deerfield Beach, Florida July 4, 2018, 12:00 p.m. Watermelon eating contest, food and more. 9:00 p.m. Fireworks from the International Fishing Pier. Free admission
Hollywood Beach Fourth of July Celebration
- Hollywood Beach 100 Johnson Street Hollywood, FL July 4 2 p.m. – 9 p.m. Events in various locations. 9:00 p.m. Fireworks offshore. Free admission, More Information: www.hollywoodfl.org
Grand Funk Railroad in Sunrise
- Kids fun zone, food and drinks. Musical performances by Skotch Bonnet Band and Mr. Nice Guy to open at 4:30 p.m., followed by headliners Grand Funk Railroad at 7:45 p.m. and a fireworks display at 9:15 p.m. BB&T Center, One Panther Pkwy., Sunrise; sunrisefl.gov. Free admission and parking.
Freedom Fest in Hallandale
- 12:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. live racing, fan grab, DJ, giveaways, cash bar, selfie stations, concessions, face painting, lunch and dinner buffets. Fireworks show at 9:00 p.m. Gulfstream Park 901 S. Federal Highway
Miramar July 4th Celebration
- 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. DJ, food trucks, food and novelty vendors, and a kids zone. Fireworks to follow. Miramar Regional Park 16801 Miramar Parkway Miramar, FL 33027
Pembroke Pines Independence Day Celebration and Fireworks Show
- 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. featuring music, food, and fireworks. Both admission and parking are free. Pines Recreation Center 7400 Pines Blvd. Pembroke Pines, FL 33026
Pompano Beach – 4th of July Fireworks Extravaganza
- Live music from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. and fireworks to begin at 9:00 p.m. 222 N. Pompano Beach Blvd. Pompano Beach, FL 33062
*Be sure to check your city’s local ordinance as no more than sparklers are generally allowed
Written by Daniela Ortiz and the Great Florida Homes Team
June 10th, 2018
It is possible to become a Smarter Driver! I took this course when I was 55. Honestly thought I would be bored out of my mind with all of the miles I logged every year as a Realtor. Much to my surprise I did learn to become a better driver and was very surprised that I did learn things I didn’t already know. – JC
The City of Coral Springs and AARP are proud to offer the Smart Driver Course for seniors. Participants who successfully complete the course are provided with a certificate for their auto insurance agency.
- Participants must register in advance
- AARP members pay $15
- Non-AARP members pay $20
- This class is open to all adults
- Must bring bag lunch drinks and snacks
Insurance Discount: Participants who successfully complete the course will be provided with a certificate for their auto insurance agency. Please contact your insurance provider to see if completing this course would qualify you for a discount. To register, contact 954-346-1393 or click below:
June 3rd, 2018
Mary Boast, Volunteer Extraordinaire!
It’s the giver of their heart that is the soul of success in the growth of others. Mary Boast is that giver. A long time member of Kiwanis & known as, “Miss Mary”, to her 4-6 year old charges at Safety Town where she has instructed over the last 24 years, on how to remain safe at home and in school.
The Broward County Historic Preservation Board during their 44th Annual Pioneer Day honors consummate volunteers in the counties 31 cities.
Mary Boast, a long time Coral Springs resident has inspired children and families for over 30 years. As her city prepares to celebrate its 55th Anniversary, it is important to recognize volunteers like Ms. Mary who continue to make Coral Springs a great place to live, work & raise a family.
Congratulations to Mary, a respected Pioneer and Volunteer!
May 15th, 2018
Looking for one of the best homes for sale in Parkland?
Walk into this bright & spacious estate home in Mira Lago of Parkland.
Located on an oversized cul de sac lot that backs up to amazing lake views from all windows.
Granite counters and large center island in this gourmet kitchen with stainless steel appliances.
Home features window blinds through out with some being automated.
Upgraded tile floors and exterior stone accent the rest of this home.
Upstairs bedrooms enjoy spacious bathrooms and large walk in closets.
The master suite is large enough for another private room with a huge walk in closet.
Large master features a separate whirlpool tub and walk in shower as well as a private water closet.
Waterfront homes in Parkland allow you the opportunity for peaceful views of Serenity.
In this Mira Lago Home you can enjoy a $65.000 backyard paradise that includes a heated pool that is surrounded by an expansive travertine deck patio.
For your family’s comfort there is a baby fence for the pool and the yard has a sweeping iron fence.
Expansive resort style Clubhouse with/ pools, gym and fitness classes. Outdoor activities include, tennis, basketball and a children’s playground and kiddie pool.
Click to see More Photos of what could be yours and Call Us Today for your personal viewing!
Magnificent Sunsets Over Wide Water Views!
Estate Home in Mira Lago of Parkland Florida
Heated Pool with Swim Deck & Umbrella Stand
January 15th, 2018
You can almost hear the champagne corks popping in celebration of excellence! Check out this customized less-than-1-mile to beach Intercoastal-front beauty on exclusive North Hypoluxo Island where temperatures can be 5 degrees cooler from the ocean breezes.
Hurricane impact glass and doors thru out, full security system & 130′ dock. Soaring 22′ ceilings, elegant fully marbled 1st floor, customized chef’s GE Profile KT & Bosch dishwasher, wine fridge, striking quartzite counters with a dazzling marble island, breakfast nook, large walk in & Butler’s pantry. 1/1 cabana bath downstairs, a dramatic grained Acacia wood flooring on staircase leads to the 2nd level of luxury. 2nd Bedroom, Balcony & Master Bath features Intercoastal views. Expansive Laundry room. 2 Bdr Closet is 13X6. Master Bdr with Deep water views. View the full listing details and photos here. Interested in the home? Reach out to your Great Florida Homes Team!
Featured Listing: 1002 N Atlantic Drive, Lantana, FL 33462
January 15th, 2018
Check out this architectural masterpiece, extremely well priced! This home is five bedrooms, 4.5 baths – for a total living square footage of 5,783. There are glamorous marble floors throughout the entire home. Inside and out this home is beautiful and elegant. The yard is large and has endless possibilities for creating your own backyard oasis. You only have one neighbor and a whole acre of land to yourself. The Grand Porte-Cochere entrance wraps the circular driveway for an amazing first impression and a three car garage, leaving plenty of room for all your vehicles. The home has three A/C Units keeping your home cool in the hot Florida months – as well as heated pool. A Fiamberti Custom Kitchen with Thermador appliances is just another addition to the intricate design features meticulously included by this Builder/Architect Owner. Another great bonus is there are no HOA fees for this neighborhood.
Take a virtual tour of the home here. Seller is motivated, and the home is even more impressive in person, call the Great Florida Homes team for a personalized tour!
Featured Listing: 11203 NW 9th St Plantation, FL 33325
January 15th, 2018
Scammer warning! It’s that time of year when the weather is cooling and northerners travel south to take in the south Florida sunshine. Unfortunately with this migration come scammers. These scammers often visit homes claiming to work for water utilities, driveway paving, roofing companies and tree trimming. It is important to remember that you should not open your door to solicitors or accept work from unlicensed contractors. Should someone approach you claiming they can provide home repair service or need to check your utilities, call the Coral Springs Police non-emergency number 954-344-1800. Police will respond to ensure the person is a legitimate business and if they are soliciting illegally, they will be cited. Make sure you and your loved ones stay safe and aware!