Are you getting a tax refund this year? We have discussed how to maximize your refund, now let’s put that refund back to work on your house! The average tax refund is between $2,500 to $3,000. Even if your refund wasn’t quite that much there are lots of ways to put that money to use in your home. It may not pay to redo the entire kitchen, but here are 5 things it will cover.
- Add a back splash or paint a room! Fresh walls can transform any room in the house.
- Swap out an old shower head. This may seem like a silly improvement, especially if your old shower head is still functioning, but swapping out old shower heads can reduce your home’s water-heating costs by about $150 a year!
- Taken out a home equity loan for a home improvement project recently? Use this money to pay it down and save on interest!
- Replace drafty windows.This will help your AC stay so your house stays cool, especially with the hot Florida summer right around the corner!
- Organize your closet. Get new shelving or bins, find a system that keeps your clothing organized.
It may be tempting to use that refund money for a vacation or use small amounts of it here and there throughout the year, but your home is one of the biggest investments you will make in a lifetime – why not take care of it? Your home will thank you!
Tags: Broward County, Broward County Real Estate, City of Coral Springs, Coral Springs, Coral Springs community, Coral Springs Events, Coral Springs Real Estate, DIY, do it yourself, Great Florida Homes, Great Florida Homes Team, home improvements, Joy Carter, Keller Williams, painting, Real Estate, tax refund, tax season