It’s so typical for any grown person to visualize the dream house that he or she has been drawing on little sheets of paper since childhood. It’s also natural that any grown person
would want to make those dreams come true. However, the reality is that in pursuit of one’s dream home, there are a lot of things that could get in the way. Even if you end up getting your dream home, unnecessary bills, a poor location or a lot of unnecessary home repairs could twist your dreams into a nightmare.
Before one dives into the world of real estate, one needs to be prepared. Hunting for the perfect dream house would require at least these ten things:
1. Try to establish a good credit score. Getting your credit history in line will not only hasten your buying proc
ess but it would also open up more options to increase your purchasing power.
2. Realize what is affordable. Some people think that the most expensive option is the best but they don’t realize that they could be digging their own grave as they get buried in more and more debt. Use common sense based on your monthly income and develop a budget which would then determine what is realistically affordable and comfortable for you.
3. Check with different lenders. Like any person who tries on different pairs of shoes before buying them, so should you when it comes to choosing a lender. Compare various mortgage lenders rates, features and service and choose the one that best fits you and your current situation.
4. Ask your lender. There are a lot of mortgage packages out there with different subtypes. Discuss these options your lender, to select the one that best suits your financial needs.
5. Be honest with your lender. Once you have found a lender that fits your needs, go over the details of your transaction. Being thorough will save you time and money in the long run.
6. Get pre-qualified at a minimum. Pre-approved is even better in presenting you as a stronger buyer.
7. Work with your lender. Make sure that your lender can reach you and vice versa should any concerns arise during the critical buying process.
8. Learn. The world of real estate is full of pitfalls and those who rush in recklessly will fall headfirst into the deepest pits. To make sure that you avoid going into deals that you’re not going to be comfortable with in the future, seek to understand the language spoken by the denizens of real estate.
9. Prioritize. Make a list of the features you need versus a list of things you just want. Try not to make an emotional or overly aesthetic decision on these things. Make wise financial choices.
10. Go fish. Just like dating, you need to know what is out there before you find the one you decide to settle down with. Take every opportunity to visit as many houses as possible that meet the criteria you have established.
Hunting for your dream home can be scary and could bring about feelings of anxiety and even inadequacy. When you are properly equipped, you should find, that it will be, an enjoyable experience.
For more information, contact Great Florida Homes or phone 954 695 7653.
We are your South Florida Real Estate resource! Looking for a trusted vendor to work on your home? Questions about the real estate process? Our team can help! We offer seller incentives! We don't just LIST homes, WE SELL THEM!
3301 N University Dr #120, Coral Springs, FL 33065, USA
3696 N. Federal Highway, Ste. 101
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33308
Licensed in Florida
Copyright © 2020 Keller Williams Realty. - a real estate franchise company. All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified. Properties subject to prior sale or rental. Each brokerage is independently owned and operated.